Look who it is, sliding in late, like a defensive midfielder trying to play soccer in a blizzard. I’m doing another one. Enjoy these while they last.
Good albums this month:
- $amhill – The Preface: Classic NY street raps.
- Parquet Courts – Light Up Gold: Garage rock quota filled.
- Pusha T – Wrath of Caine: Surprised me since I figured Kanye had ruined him.
On to the mix:
1) Homeboy Sandman – Coral Reefs
I can’t hear the words “coral reef” without having flashbacks to my junior year high school health class when they showed us a slideshow of STDs. Word to genital warts.
2) $amhill – Verses
Not big on hooks. Word to Shaq & RZA.
3) Curren$y – Mary
Spoiler alert, this song is about weed, not about an actual girl named Mary. Word to M. Night Shyamalan.
5) Foxygen – No Destruction
Honorable mention this month to Foxygen’s We Are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace & Magic. Very promising debut. Word to sounding a lot like Mick Jagger on this song.
6) Thee Oh Sees – Minotaur
Floating Coffin drops 4/16. Word to getting high and listening to music four days later.
8) Parquet Courts – Stoned and Starving
Favorite song of the month. Word to this hungry little fella.
9) Airstrip – Pleasure Center
Word to my little corner of NC having a great music scene.
10) Foxygen – We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace and Magic
Word to the 20th century ambassador of peace and magic.
11) Parquet Courts – Yonder is Closer to the Heart
12) Legends – I`ll Come Again
Word to the Hedgehog.
15) Courtney John – Every Way
Word to guys who can sing keeping roots reggae alive.
17) Young Thug – Foreign (ft. Hellacoppa)
Young Thug = Future with a sense of humor?
18) Jeremih – All The TIme Feat. Lil Wayne & Natasha Mosley
Posted despite the Weezy verse.
19) Pusha T – Trust You (Feat. Kevin Gates)
Kevin Gates = Future with a smaller appearance fee?
20) Freeband Gang – Karate Chop (Future & Casino)
Future = Future
21) Gucci Mane – Servin